Now that Donald Trump’s transition to the White House is underway, the President-elect’s preliminary administrative picks are drawing backlash among critics.
While potential appointees to Trump’s cabinet like Newt Gingrich, Rudy Giuliani and Reince Priebus have been met with mixed reactions after Trump vowed to “drain the swamp” of establishment politicians in Washington D.C. But the appointment of Steve Bannon as his top advisor has outraged vocal detractors across the nation.
As the executive chairman of Breitbart News — an “alt-right,” opinion-based news source — Bannon has propagated racist, sexist, homophobic, anti-semitic and jingoistic alarmism.
Breitbart’s ideological positions threaten to take us back socially hundreds of years by threatening the individual liberties we, as a nation, have worked hard to ensure to every American.
In a 2011 radio interview with “Political Vindication Radio,” Bannon was quoted as saying: “…In fact, the women that would lead this country would be pro-family, they would have husbands, they would love their children. They wouldn’t be a bunch of dykes that came from the Seven Sisters schools up in New England. That drives the left insane and that’s why they hate these women.”
The misogynistic and verbally abusive language that Bannon — a man accused of domestic violence — is known for should be enough to disqualify him from holding any political office, so the fact that Trump has added him to his short list of top white house officials should not sit lightly with any of us.
ENTITY has compiled a list of the most horrifying headlines from Breitbart over the years. The acceptance of this rhetoric is questionable by an average American let alone the leader of the free world.
1. “There’s No Hiring Bias Against Women in Tech, They Just Suck at Tech” – Breitbart, 2016
2. “Birth Control Makes Women Unattractive and Crazy” – Breitbart, 2015
3. “The Solution to Online “Harassment” is Simple: Women Should Log Off” – Breitbart, 2016
4. “Data: Young Muslims in the West are a Ticking Time Bomb, Increasingly Sympathizing with Radicals, Terror” – Breitbart, 2016
5. “Lesbian Bridezillas Bully Bridal Shop Owner Over Religious Beliefs” – Breitbart, 2015
6. “World Health Organization Report: Trannies 49 Xs Higher HIV Rate” – Breitbart, 2015
7. “Would You Rather Your Child Had Feminism or Cancer?” – Breitbart, 2016
8. “Suck It Up Buttercups: Dangerous Faggot Tour Returns to Colleges in September” – Breitbart, 2016
9. “Roger Stone: Huma Abedin ‘Most Likely a Saudi Spy’ with ‘Deep, Inarguable Connections’ to ‘Global Terrorist Entity’” – Breitbart, 2016
10. “Bill Kristol: Republican Spoiler, Renegade Jew” – Breitbart, 2016
11. “Dear Straight People: I’m Officially Giving You Permission To Say Gay, Faggot and Queer”
– Breitbart, 2015
12. “Hoist It High And Proud: The Confederate Flag Proclaims A Glorious Heritage” – Breitbart, 2015
In the coming months, while Trump pulls together his cabinet and begins to formulate the policies his platform seems to be missing, we would be wise to remain vigilant and stand up to the acceptance of questionable White House officials — especially those who are closely aligned with the intolerant hate-mongering of the “alt-right.”
Send this to friend