Who is Dove Cameron? ENTITY finds out more about the young Disney Star.

At just 21 years old, Dove Cameron is already making a name for herself in the acting scene. From her lead roles in Disney’s “Bits and Pieces,” to “Descendants” to “Liv and Maddie,” she’s already got a couple of television credits under her belt.

But if you haven’t heard of her, ENTITY’s got you.

Who is Dove Cameron? Here are five fun facts about one of Disney’s new sweethearts.

1 She’s best known for her starring role in Disney’s “Liv & Maddie.”

Who is Dove Cameron? ENTITY discusses her roles in Disney Channel's "Liv and Maddie."

PHOTO VIA INSTAGRAM/@DESCENDANTS10

Dove Cameron plays Liv and Maddie Rooney on the “Liv and Maddie” show, a teen series about identical twins who have been leading completely different lives. (Think: “Switched at Birth” or the ultimate classic, “Parent Trap.”)

Aside from playing two roles on the show, Cameron also sings. Several of the tracks, including her cover of Imagine Dragons’ “On Top of the World,” were released digitally. One of them, “Better in Stereo” (the show’s theme song) even hit number one on Billboard’s Kid Digital Songs chart.

2 But she also received high praise and attention for rocking her role in NBC’s “Hairspray Live.”

Although many “Hairspray Live” fans were originally excited about seeing the likes of Ariana Grande and Kristin Chenoweth on the NBC special, Dove Cameron came out as the undisputed MVP. 

Who is Dove Cameron? ENTITY discusses her role in NBC's "Hairspray Live."Who is Dove Cameron? ENTITY discusses her role in NBC's "Hairspray Live."

Fans were pleasantly surprised by Dove Cameron’s performance as Amber Von Tussle, the mean-spirited nemesis of Tracy Turnblad (Maddie Baillio).

Cameron sang three songs in the production: “Cooties,” “You Can’t Stop the Beat” and, her show stopper, “Mama I’m a Big Girl Now.”

RELATED: Get Ready to Dance With Ariana Grande and Dove Cameron on ‘Hairspray Live!’ (VIDEO)

3 She’s currently working on her own music.

It seems as if the Disney and “Hairspray Live” fame is pushing Cameron toward a career in music. With the series finale of “Liv and Maddie” approaching on March 24, Cameron has revealed that her next move is to make some of her own music.

“I am actually currently working on my own music. As in, literally right now – today,” she told Teen Vogue in an interview. “It’s definitely in the realm of pop, but edgier. It’s not straight down the center of the road that is pop, it’s left of pop. If you took pop and held a lighter to it…it’s a little burnt.”

4 She started acting at a community theater.

Cameron grew up on Bainbridge Island near Seattle, Washington and started acting in the community theater at Bainbridge Performing Arts. Perhaps this is where interest in Broadway also comes from.

“I would love to do Broadway,” she also told Teen Vogue. “I wanted to do stage, I wanted to do musicals. Life events ended up taking me to LA, but Broadway has always been a component in my heart. It’s definitely a dream.”

5 Her taste in music is nothing like the pop songs she currently sings.

Sure, she loves Broadway, but the teen star has admitted to Us Weekly that 80 percent of what she listens to in her car is “hard rap or punk.” The other 20 percent is musical theater, but she definitely spends most of her time rocking out.

Whatever Dove Cameron does after “Liv and Maddie,” you can surely expect to see (and hear) more of her soon!

RELATED: From Zendaya to Dove Cameron: Our Favorite Inspirational Young Disney Stars

Send this to a friend